Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kitchen Remodel-mayhem or blessing?

While working on many projects for clients, I have finally taken on one in my own home. We are remodeling our kitchen. While I find the entire process intriguing and I feel right at home with all the chaos, I have learned a few things during the beginning phase of this remodel. First, as I was gingerly packing up my kitchen and saving out items to use in my "make-shift-garage workbench-and-laundry-room-kitchen" I realized I don't use as many of my kitchen items as I thought I did. Now, I did discreetly add things to a box destined for a garage sale-but it didn't end up being a very big box. But what was more surprising were the items I elected to keep out to use on a day to day basis to feed my family of four during this remodel were relatively few.

I do believe we can all do with less stuff. When my new cabinets arrived yesterday I wondered if I could really fill them up. I think when I move back into my kitchen I will still try to get rid of some things. That way, I'll have some empty cupboards for the "what-ifs" in the future. What in your home can you do with less of?